The Dell Latitude E6540 is a sturdy and versatile business laptop, with clock-punching reliability and solid performance thanks to the latest Intel processor and AMD graphics.
The Latitude E6540 features a business-rugged design, and Dell's Tri-Metal chassis—so called because the magnesium alloy frame is covered with an anodized aluminum exterior and a powder-coated base—will survive bangs and spills.
The Latitude E6540 is equipped with a fourth-generation 2.7GHz Intel Core i7-4800MQ—the same CPU found in the gaming-oriented Alienware 17—and it's paired with 16GB of RAM for quick performance. As a result, the general productivity performance was near the top of the category, with the a PCMark 7 score of 5,462.
Dell Latitude E6540 FHD HD 8790M Full Specs
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4800MQ (Intel Core i7) (4 Cores + 8 Threads) (3.50Ghz with Turbo Cache)
- Graphics adapter: AMD Radeon HD 8790M - 2GB GDDR5 Dedicated, Core: 850 MHz, Memory: 1000 MHz, Intel HD Graphics 4600
- Memory: 16GB DDR3L RAM
- Display: 15.6 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel, AU Optronics B156HW02, TN LED, glossy: no
- Mainboard: Intel QM87 (Lynx Point)
- Storage: 512GB SSD Hard Drive
- Soundcard: Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller
- Connections: 4 USB 3.0 / 3.1 Gen1, 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 Kensington Lock, 1 Docking Station Port, Audio Connections: combined headphone and microphone port, Card Reader: SD
- Networking: Intel I217-LM Gigabit Network Connection (10/100/1000/2500/5000MBit/s),
- WIFI: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN (a/g/n = Wi-Fi 4),
- Bluetooth 4.0, HSPA+,
- Optical drive: PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A5HH
- Size: height x width x depth (in mm): 35 x 379 x 275 ( = 1.38 x 14.92 x 10.83 in)
- Battery: 97 Wh Lithium-Ion, 11.1 V
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
- Camera: Webcam: HD 1280x720
- Office Pro (word processing, spreadsheet excel, presentation PowerPoint, etc...)